If you’re seeing error signs and pink/black squares while playing on a Garry’s Mod server you may be missing the required textures. Many maps designed for Garry’s Mod are based on textures from Counter Strike: Source. Either buy, install and enable CS:S or follow the guide below to install the missing textures.
- Download css_content.zip
- Extract the zip file
- Open the Garry’s Mod addons folder:
- Open Steam and navigate to “Library”
- Right click on “Garry’s Mod”, click on “Properties”
- Navigate to “Local Files”, click on “Browse Local Files”
- Now a file explorer should open up
- Enter the
garrysmodfolder, then open the
addonsfolder inside that
- Move the CSS Content folder (from step 2) to the
- Now relaunch Garry’s Mod and the textures should be fixed
Credit for creating the CSS Content addon goes to Kajar9. His original files and tutorials are available here.